Here's what I'm looking for in a beta reader:
- Someone good with grammar. Why? Because I suck.
- Someone who can tell me where the story is unclear.
- Someone not on anti-depressants or who should be on anti-depressants. Why? Because the stories are all about DEATH and the last thing I need to do is change my C story to Death By... Clarissa's-Horrendously-Morbid-Stories.
Now, I will reciprocate the kindness by critiquing/reading your work. Here's what I'll read:
- Nothing about death, that's just too morbid. Just joking. I love death...hmm, that sounds bad. I love mystery and crime fiction. I'll even read a cosy (cozy).
- I stay away from fantasy/paranormal/MG/YA because I really know nothing about those genres and would not be of much help to you. However, a good sci-fi, I'm up for that.
- I also like non-fiction and literary fiction.